Centennial Peaks Hospital

Centennial Peaks Hospital
Let's Be More Than Just Pretty on the Outside! Let's Be Beautiful and Healing Within!

Everyone Deserves the Finest Health Care!

Everyone Deserves the Finest Health Care!
A Better Future for All Starting Now

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wrong Meds Part One


Perhaps the greatest negligence at Centennial Peaks involved medication. They did not give me the meds I needed, tried to give me meds that were harmful for me and did not ask me the basic questions that would have led to proper meds. This aspect of my exposé alone is a reason to shut down this incompetent and harmful Psych Ward.


Over the course of twenty years and in consultation with both numerous psychiatrists (including the outstanding Dr. David Rosenthal), holistic practioners and the most excellent volume by Eva Edelman, Natural Healing for Bipolar Disorder, I and my team have a pretty good idea of what meds work for me and which do not.

Here is a list of what I typically take at home.

Western Meds
Seroquel 150-300 mg
Lithium Orotate up to 35 mg

Vitamins
C, D3, B-6, B-3, folate, B-Complex, E

Minerals
Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese

Neurotransmitters and Precursors
Glycine, Taurine, 5HTP, L-Tryptophan, occassional BCAA, GABA

Other
Co-Q-10, NAC, L-Carnitine, assorted herbs and herbal preparation (Tibetan ayurveda), probiotics
Nordic Naturals Fish oil Ultimate Omega 8 grams
Wood Betony, Valerian, Passionflower, Hops

When High Blood Pressure requires treatment

Verapimil — this drug has been vetted by both my psychiatrist and my kidney doctor Dr. Jerald Boseman as being safe for my kidneys and brain, the former which has a moderate level of damage.



Now in going to a psych ward, I did not expect to be able to take all of the supplements I take usually.  But I had no idea at the level of ignorance, incompetence and dare I say malpractice I would experience at the hands of this Bad Psych Ward as I will detail next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something you want to say about stopping bad psych wards or even about promoting good ones. Here’s the place.